- 3 cups cooked rice, mash to separate grains
- 3 pcs skinless longganisa, cubed (left-over from last night's dinner)
- 1/2 pc (40 grams) of a small carrot, finely minced
- 1/4 pc (a heaping tbsp) of a small red bell pepper, seeded & finely minced
- 1/4 tsp dried pepper flakes
- 1 pc finger chili, seeded, halved & sliced
- a good pinch of fine salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely pounded
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 2 tbsps banana catsup
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp liquid seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 stalk leek, chopped
In a large bowl, combine the first-eight ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
In a wok, over medium-high fire, put oil. Heat lightly. Add garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onion. Cook for 30 seconds.
Dump in the rice mixture. Add the catsup, oyster sauce and liquid seasoning. Mix until well-blended. Cover. Cook for 2 minutes.
Make a hole in the middle. Break the eggs. Stir immediately. Mix unto the rice until well-coated. Cover. Cook for several minutes. Stirring every now and then.
When rice is fluffy. Remove from heat. Sprinkle the leek. Mix thoroughly.