- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 slab (250 grams) pork belly, cut into 1/4" thick
- 1/2 tsp iodized coarse salt
- 1/2 head garlic, pounded and finely minced
- 2 medium (70 grams) red onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 4 pcs (80 grams) chicken heart
- 2-1/2 tbsps fish sauce
- 4 cups rice wash
- 1 tsp cracked peppercorns
- 4 pcs (180 grams) chicken liver, each cut into four
- 1 pc (350 grams) ridged gourd (native patola), cut into 1/4" thick
- 1 pack (40 grams) misua
In a wok, over medium-high fire, put the first-three ingredients. Cover. Stir-fry until pork turns lightly brown. Put the pork aside. Add garlic. Saute until rich golden brown. Set aside 1/3 of the garlic for toppings later.
Follow with onion. Saute until soft. Put the chicken heart and fish sauce. Cook until liquid evaporates.
Pour rice wash. Sprinkle cracked peppercorns. Cover. Bring to boil. Add chicken liver. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Put the gourd and misua. Cook until gourd is done. Put in a serving bowl. Top with toasted garlic. Serve hot.