- 400 grams fusilli pasta
- 1 tbsp butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 200 grams bacon, cut into two
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pc (75 grams) white onion, finely minced
- 250 grams lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano & some more for garnishing
- 1 tetra pack (250 ml) all purpose cream
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken condensed soup
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 can water
Cook pasta as directed but do not splash with water. Otherwise, just strain. then, while hot toss with butter until well-coated. Set aside.
Meanwhile, Fry very lightly the bacon on both sides, this will only take a few seconds. Do not brown. Remove from pan. Retain the oil. Add the olive oil. Put the garlic and onion. Saute for 30 seconds. Dump the ground pork, salt and pepper. Stir-fry until ground pork separates and changes in color. Pour the white wine. Cook until the alcohol evaporates.
Sprinkle the oregano. Add the cream, chicken condensed soup, cheese and water. Mix. Bring to boil. Put the buttered fusilli and bacon. Toss.
Serve. Top with some more oregano.