- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 medium ripe plantain banana, slice at 1/4" thick
- 2 big cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red onion, minced
- 2 medium (80 grams) red plump tomatoes, minced
- 1 small (80 grams) potato, 3/4" cube
- 1/2 pc (40 grams) of small carrot, 3/4" cubed
- 1 slab (250 grams) pork belly, cut int 1" cubed
- 1/2 ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp white sugar
In a non-stick pan, heat moderately over medium-high fire. Put oil. fry the banana until both side are lightly brown. Remove from pan. Drain in paper towel.
Back to the pan, saute the garlic until golden brown. Follow with onion and tomatoes. Cook until very limp. Mash.
Add the potato and carrot. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Put the pork, pepper, fish sauce and soy sauce. Cook for several minutes or until sauce thickens.
Add water and sugar. Mix. Cover. bring to boil. Then, lower heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Put fried bananas. Cook for another minute.
Serve with rice.