Saturday, May 31, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
- 24 pcs ice cubes
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 3 medium pcs cavendish bananas (lakatan), peeled & sliced
- 1/2 cup full-cream powdered milk
- 1/2 cup instant chocolate powder
- 1/3 cup ice cold water
Put all the ingredients accordingly in a blender. Process for a 3-5 seconds. Mix using a spatula until well-blended. Process again until smooth.
Serve at once.
Taken last year, after our Davao vacation. We're at the view deck of Super Ferry 15 heading back home to Manila.
Ito ay kuha noong isang taon pa, pagkatapos ng aming bakasyon sa Dabaw. Kami ay nasa pinakataas (view deck) ng barkong Super Ferry 15 papauwi na ng Maynila.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Last Saturday, we went to SM-Mall of Asia, we had a late lunch at Pho Hoa, which was picked by the husband. I think it's a Vietnamese Resto... not sure! The food is okay, nothing to be amazed about. The husband got the "Breaded Fish on rice" while, I got the "Sauteed Chicken & Mushroom on rice" & "Cucumber Shake". As usual, my little one bought his lunch at Mc Donald's, his ever-favorite "1-pc Chicken" with lots of rice and gravy (",)
1. “It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.” What do you think of that sayings?
2. How much money do you have in your wallet? Right now!
3. When you fall asleep are you usually on your side, your stomach, or your back?
on my stomach
4. When you have a deadline do you get started right away, wait until the last minute, or switch back and forth between things?
usually, i'll do it right away but you know being a full-time mom, you've got other things to do which can't wait. Then, I switch it back and forth between things. hehe!
5. What is the the most extreme sports you ever did?
6. If you find a spider in your house do you kill it, ignore it, or shoo it outside? Why?
shoo it outside. it feeds on insects.
7. Do you smoke?
occasionally.... once, twice a year.
8. If you only have one day to live,what would you do?
spend it with my two favorite boys, my H and little one.
9. Would you rather be richer than anyone,better than everyone, or less encumbered by responsibility? And Why?
the latter one... i can relax more and worry less (",)
10. Which of the following characteristics would you rather have? Choose only one. And Why? Nice,Exciting,Loving,Hot!
hmmm.... that's hard! haha!
- a kilo of over ripe indian mangoes
- 12 pcs ice cubes
- 3 tbsps evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 tbsp white sugar
Peel the mangoes. Slice mango meat into chunks, disregard the seed. Put it in the blender with rest of the ingredients. Process until smooth.
Serve at once.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Everytime we passed by Bread Talk. We're always full to try their breads. But last Saturday was a different story, though, we just had our lunch at Pho Hoa Noodle House (I'll post all about this resto later). The husband still wanted to eat something and me too. So, for the first time we did try the products of Bread Talk and it was very satisfying and delicious. Even my little one liked it! For sure, we'll be back for more. We still got a lot of their breads to try!
Do good things come to those who wait?
yes, i believe so.
Your best friend's spouse is being unfaithful. Would you tell your friend? If so, how?
Which part of your body do you like the least? Would you change it through plastic surgery, if possible?
my tummy. yes, if i have the money i'd like to.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
My Little One has no favorite toy in particular but he loves stuff toys. He has his own collection. For this tag, I'd like to share my baby's favorite pillow, named "Hunnie". It's his best buddy after losing his "teta", that's his pacifier, when he was 2 yrs old. Ever since then, it's his companion where ever he goes, specially during sleep time. Actually, the said pillow was mine. I had it since I was 4 years old! yup, that old! Hehe (",) Back then, it was a huge pillow, it is made of cotton. Now, it looks like a pouch with a knot at one end.
I am passing the tag to Butchay, Juliana, Emz, Yen, Eds, Pinaymama and Anne.
Post a photo of your baby with her/his first ever favorite/comfort toy. Write some details of your fondest memory of your baby and her toy (like what I did below). This will make a good memento when your baby grows up! Lastly, don’t forget to add the link to your website's at the end of the page. I’m sure many moms would love to see your sites, too!
Amelie’s mom, RD and CN’s mom, savenathan, Great People Make us feel we can become great, Everything That has Breathe Praise The Lord, Surviving deployment, Simple Life, Simply Me, Asawa's Love Book, Pinaymama's Diary, Just Life..., A Mother's Journal, Dion's Mom(Jona), PinayWAHM, Loyna's Life's Endless Possibillities, Can of Thoughts, Designs By Vhiel, Anything and Everything in Between, D' Cooking Mudra, Your link is next...
Don't forget to leave your links on the comment so we can check out your little one's favorite. Thanks ladies.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
The landscape garden infront of Pier One, a grill and bar restaurant, in Buendia, Pasay. My entry for this week's theme: "Tubig" which means water.
Ang hardin sa harap ng Pier One sa Buendia, Pasay. Ito ang akng lahok para sa ngayong linggong tema: "Tubig".
- 1/2 kilo pork belly or pork shoulder, cut into 1-1/2" cubes
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 large red onion, finely minced
- 2 tbsps cheddar cheese, minced
- 1 pouch (215 grams) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 pcs (150 grams) baby potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded & cut into thick strips
- 2 pcs jumbo hotdog, each diagonally cut into 6
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 3 pcs hard-boiled eggs, shelled
In a bowl, combine the first-three ingredients. Stand aside while preparing the other ingredients.
Over medium-high fire, place a wok. Heat moderately. Put oil and garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onion. Cook until soft. Put the marinated pork. Stir-fry until pork changes color.
Add the cheese, tomato sauce and water. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Then, decrease fire to low. Simmer for 25 minutes.
Increase fire to medium-high, put baby potatoes and bell pepper. Mix. Lid back on. Bring to boil. reduce fire to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the hotdog, sugar and hard-boiled eggs. Mix. Increase fire to medium and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Serve with rice.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
thanks for this tag yen.
::Start Copy Here::
1. Copy from ::Start Copy Here:: through ::End Copy Here::.
2. Add your blog to the list. Feel free to add all your other blogs. Just make sure to post this to each of the blog you added in the list.
3. Tag other online friends you know.You don’t need to be tag in order to join. If you want to join just post this one in your blog.
4. Let me know your blog’s name and url by leaving me a comment HERE. I will add you to the master list.That way, everyone is happy and can meet new friends too!
5. Come back once in a while to get the master list! Let’s see how this makes our Technorati and PR goes up!
6. DO NOT REMOVE THIS: scrap page made by Yen. Using alphas and tapes from Kate H., flowers from Ida,paper by Catrine.
1. Me and Mine 2.Creative In Me 3.Little Peanut 4. Pea in a Pod 5. Sugar Magnolias 6.Because Life Is Fun 7. Piece o’Kaje 8. Mon a Bric 9. Celebrate Life 10.My Journey11. Deeply In Love 12. Pink and Brown Diaries 13. Happyheart 14. Wilstop 15. Fun|Fierce|Fab 16. ISL Family 17. D' Cooking Mudra 18. you're next!
::End Copy Here::
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
- 1 slab (225 grams) pork belly, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large red onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 2 medium plump tomatoes, halved & thinly sliced
- 1/2 kilo squash, seeded, skinned & sliced thinly
- 5 long pcs string beans (sitaw), cut at 1-1/2" length
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 sachet (8 grams) all-in-one seasoning
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup rice wash or water
In a wok, over medium-high fire, put the first-three ingredients. Stir. Cook until water has evaporated. Continue to cook until pork is lightly browned. Move to one side of pan. Add garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onion and tomatoes. Cook until soft.
Put the squash, string beans, black pepper and all-in-one seasoning. Stir-fry for a minute. Then, pour the fish sauce. Cook until aromatic.
Add water. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Lower fire to medium-low. Cook until veggies are done.
Monday, May 19, 2008
If you could take a one-month trip to any single destination in the world and money is not a consideration, where would you go?
What is the best example of “perfection” that you can think of?
when i see my two boys, my H and Lil'one smile happily.
Last night, I went out with my friends from my radio years. We call our group, Tropang Mcdo. Back then, more than a decade ago, we used to meet at Mc Donald's, that's why the name. It's kinda like a farewell party for Jojo and Jayson and also, our annual reunion. They are both leaving the country for work. Jo is going to Singapore while Jayson will go back again to India. We had a blast at Pier One, a bar and grill restaurant.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Good for 2-4 servings
- 2 medium pcs avocado
- 3 tbsps white sugar
- 1 small can (158 ml) evaporated milk
Vertically open the avocado. Remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado meat using a spoon. Remove fibers if there's any. Mash it lightly, I like mine with some chunks of avocado. Add in the sugar and evaporated milk. Mix gently until well-incorporated.
Chill for a few hours before serving.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
I can't seem to find any photos with the theme: candy..... this is the closest I got. The photo shown above is from my used to be part-time business, Chockulit Homemade Goodies.
Friday, May 16, 2008
- 4 tbsps corn oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, bruised and minced
- 1 large red onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 150 grams lean ground pork
- 1 sachet (8 grams) all-in-one-seasoning
- 1 head (225 grams) broccoli, cut into florets
- 350 grams cabbage, large chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & cut into thick strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded & cut into thick strips
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 12 pcs hard-boiled quail eggs, shelled
- 1-1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cup water
Combine in a small bowl the last three ingredients. Mix until free from lumps. Set aside.
In a wok, place over medium-high fire, heat moderately. Put oil and garlic. Saute until garlic is golden brown. Follow with onion. Cook until limp. Add ground pork and half of the all-in-one-seasoning. Stir-fry until pork is no longer pink.
Put the broccoli. Stir-fry for 15 seconds. Add the oyster sauce mixture. Stir. Dump in the rest of the vegetables and all-in-one seasoning. Also, the white pepper and quail eggs. Cook until veggies are crisp-tender. Do not overcook.
What is the nearest big city to your home?
I live in Las Pinas City but according to the map I'm looking right now, it's Quezon City.
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?
10... i'm very good at keeping them. i don't really tell even if you put a knife in my neck! you can ask my bro and friends.
Describe your hair (color, texture, length).
dark brown, thin, wavy & medium length
What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow?
we don't have a car....
When was the last time you had a really bad week?
several months ago when i got really sick!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
For the week's theme "Umaapoy", meaning burning fire, this is my entry.The campfire night during the yearly camping of the St. Andrew's School Boy Scouts at Mt. Makiling.
Ang tema ngayong linggo ay "Umaapoy", ito ang napili kong isali. Ang gabi ng campfire nuong camping sa Bundok ng Makiling ng mga boy scouts ng St. Andrew's School.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
If you had to have one piece of music (softly) playing in your mind for the rest of your life, what would you want it to be?
can't seem to think of one in particular......
What is the most important thing in any relationship?
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Share your favorite Mother's Day quotes and place your blog/name right after the piece of artwork.
1. Irresistible Fascinations / Naomi
2. Manna from Heaven / Lena
3. And Life Goes On / Lena
4. Sheng's Simple Thoughts... / SHENG
5. Pinay WAHM / Juliana
6. Teacher's Corner / Juliana
7. D' Cooking Mudra/ C.A. "tque"
8. Pinoy Merienda Classics Atbp./ C.A. "tque"
9. Nayon Base/ C.A. "tque"
10. mycamshots/ C.A. "tque"
“A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking”
I'm tagging Joyce, Farah, Emz, Eds and Wildcatlady29
Tagged by Mommyallehs. Thanks mga sis for this mothers’ day greetings.
1. Just choose any mother’s day graphics from zwani to greet the mommies you know.
2. Add your blog to the list. Feel free to add all your other blogs.
3. Tag other mommies you know.1. bloggerhappy2. berryscrappy3. coffee table conversationsa sweet taste of life 5. bits and pieces 6. a simple life 7. MommyAllehs Up-Close And Personal 8. D' Cooking Mudra 9. Nayon Base 10. mycamshots 11. Pinoy Merienda Classics Atbp. 12 ADD YOURS HERE!
Sweetpea, Priscocam, Mhay and Juliet.
Romans 8:16 NIV
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
Find out what's yours?
I'm sharing this tag to aidisan, idealpinkrose, juliana, chikai, mommyallehs, heidi, maureen, pretty and anne.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
For the past few years my H worked abroad. Most of the time, he's not here to celebrate special occasion with us. This photo is our very first family picture he was here with us during Christmas, taken 3 years ago. But the good thing now, he decided to stay with us and work here.