- 300 grams spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 200 grams bacon, cut into two
- 1 tbsp of light olive oil
- 1 pc (100 grams) white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 250 grams lean ground pork
- good pinch of fine salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of chicken & mushroom condensed soup
- 1 brick (250 ml) all purpose cream
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves & some for garnishing
Cook spaghetti as per package direction. Do not run in water, just strain. While hot, toss with butter.
Meanwhile, using a large skillet over medium-high heat. Slightly cook the bacon for several seconds. Do not brown. Remove from pan. Retain the oil.
Add the light olive oil. Saute together the onion & garlic until aromatic only. Put the ground pork, salt and pepper. Saute until it separates and the pork changes color.
Pour the white wine. Let it cook for a minute, making the alcohol evaporates.
Put the condensed soup, cream, cheese, water and oregano. Stir. Bring to boil lightly. Toss in the buttered spaghetti and bacon until well blended.
Serve. Garnish with dried oregano.