- 6 cups rice wash
- 8 thin pcs (3/4 kg) pork chops
- 50 grams ginger, thickly sliced
- 1 whole head of garlic, pierced several times
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1/2 pc pork cube
- 1 tsp iodized coarse salt
- 1 large (70 grams) red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 large (150 grams) potato, quartered
- 2 small (350 grams) chayote, large chunks
- 2 pcs finger chilis
- a handful of young chili leaves
In a casserole, over high heat, put the first-two ingredients. Cover. Bring to boil, remove scum as it arises. Add the next-seven ingredients. Lid on. Let it boil again, Then, decrease heat to low, simmer for 20 minutes.
Increase fire to low-medium, put potato. Cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Add the chayote and finger chilis. Put back the lid on. Cook for another 8-10 minutes.
Put the chili leaves. Cook for 5 seconds. Immediately remove from heat.