- 2 pcs (1.5 kilo) pork bulalo, cut up
- 8 cups rice wash
- 2 medium red onion, quartered
- 3 large (150 grams) red plump tomatoes
- 1 tbsp iodized coarse salt
- 200 grams taro (gabing tagalog), skinned
- 1 big pack tamarind powder
- 8 pcs of string beans (sitaw), cut at 2" length
- 8 pcs medium okra, remove both ends
- 1 big eggplant, sliced diagonally at 1/4" thick
- 3 pcs finger chilis
- a bunch of swamp cabbage (kangkong), tender stalks & leaves only
In a large pot, put the first-two ingredients. Cover. Place over high heat. Bring to boil (remove scum as it arises). Add the next-three ingredients. Cover again. Bring to boil. Then, reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes.
Put the taro. Cover back on. Cook for another 20 minutes.
Increase heat to medium-high, put the tamarind powder, string beans and okra. Cook for 5 minutes. Follow with eggplant and chilis. Cook for 3 minutes. Lastly, put the swamp cabbage. Cook until done.