- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, bruised & finely chopped
- 2 large native onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 2 medium plump red tomatoes, halved & sliced thinly
- 750-800 grams chicken, cut up
- 1/2-3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 3 small pcs (200 grams) potatoes, sliced at 1/3" thick
- 1 can salted black beans (tausi), rinsed, drained & coarsely chopped
- 1-1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
- 1/2 pc (15 grams) red bell pepper, seeded & cut into thin strips
- 1 pc finger chili, seeded & julienne
- 1/2 bunch (10-15 grams) Chinese celery (kinchay), chopped
In a large wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and garlic. Saute until light brown only. Follow with onion and tomatoes. Saute until translucent. Put chicken, black pepper and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
Add in the potatoes and salted black beans. Mix. Cook for 2 minutes.
Put water and oyster sauce. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Then, decrease fire to low. Simmer for 18-20 minutes.
Increase fire to medium, add the rest of the ingredients. Lid on. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until potato is tender.
Serve with warm cooked rice.