- 24 pcs quail eggs
- 2 heaping tsps of iodized coarse salt
- 925 grams chicken, thigh & leg part, cut-up
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 3 tbsps corn oil
- 4 small pcs (280 grams) potatoes, chunks
- 5 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 2 medium (75 grams) red onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 2 large (100 grams) red ripe tomatoes, halved & sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & cut into strips
- 2 cups rice wash or water
- 1 pouch (250 grams) tomato sauce
- 3 tbsps cheese, grated
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 small (80 grams) carrot, chunks
- 2 tbsps green peas (optional)
In a deep pan, put the quail eggs. Level with water. Add salt. Pace over medium-high fire Bring to boil. Keep boiling for a minute. Remove from fire. Let it sit in hot water until needed.
In a bowl, combine the next-three ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
In a large wok, place over medium-high fire. Heat lightly. Put half of oil and potato. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until sides turn light brown. Remove from pan. Retain the oil.
Put the rest of the oil and garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onion and tomatoes. Saute and mash until limp. Add the chicken, marinade and bell pepper. Mix. Stir-fry for 6 minutes or until aromatic.
Pour rice wash and tomato sauce. Add in the cheese, chicken cube and sugar. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Remove cover. Stir. Keep boiling for 15 minutes. Stirring every 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, shell the quail eggs.
Back to the wok, add the fried potatoes and carrot. Mix. Cook for another 8 minutes.
Put the shelled quail eggs and green peas. Cook for 30 seconds.