- 800 grams chicken, cut into small serving pcs
- 6 cups rice wash or water
- 2 tsps iodized coarse salt
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 small pcs (200 grams) potatoes, cut into two
- 1 slice (250 grams) squash, cut into large chunks, skin on
- 3 large pcs of ripe plantain bananas, cut into two
- a bunch of Chinese celery, cut at 1" length
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- a heaping handful of young moringa leaves (talbos ng malunggay)
In a casserole, put chicken and rice wash. Cover. Over medium-high heat. Bring to boil. Remove scum as it arises. Add salt, chicken cube, whole head of garlic and onion. Mix. Lid on. Bring to boil again. Then reduce fire to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add potatoes. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Increase fire to medium, put the squash, bananas, Chinese celery and peppercorns. Mix. Cover. Cook for another 6-8 minutes or until squash is done. Remove from fire. Sprinkle on top the young moringa leaves. Cover. Let it sit for a minute or two.