- 3 tbsps cooking oil & some more for frying
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 medium (75 grams) red onion, finely minced
- 1 medium (150 grams) potato, minced
- 1/2 pc (50 grams) of small carrot, minced
- 250 grams lean ground pork
- 1/2 pc (25 grams) of a large red bell pepper, deseeded & finely minced
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp iodized coarse salt & to season the eggs
- 1 sachet (8 grams) all-in-one seasoning granules
- 4 pcs eggs
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lean ground pork
- 2 cloves garlic, finely pounded
- 1 medium (35 grams) red onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp cracked peppercorns
- 200 grams snap beans (bitsuelas), remove both ends, thinly sliced at an angle
- 50 grams carrot, julienne
- 3/4 cup water
First, cook the pork mixture for the Tortang Giniling. In a wok, place over medium-high fire. Heat lightly. Add 3 tbsps of cooking oil and garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onion, potato and carrot. Saute for 4 minutes. Add in the ground pork, bell pepper, pepper, salt and all-in-one seasoning granules. Stir-fry until pork changes color and separates. Place mixture in a colander. Let the oil drips. Cool the cooked mixture. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in another pan. Place over medium-high fire. Heat moderately. Put vegetable oil. Swirl to coat the sides of the pan. Add the ground pork. Fry until light brown. Put on one side of the pan. Add garlic, saute until golden brown. Follow with onion. Stir-in the ground pork. Cook until limp. Add the veggies. Stir-fry for a minute. Pour water. Cook until veggies are crisp-tender. Put in a serving bowl.
Back to the cooled pork mixture. Break the eggs over the mixture. Sprinkle with a little salt. Beat the eggs. Add the flour. Mix well.
Heat a pan over medium fire. Add some oil. Put about 1/3 cup of mixture at the center of the pan. Cook until sides are brown. Flip. Fry until the other half is done. Do the same to the rest. Drain in paper towels.
Serve with steamed pandan-flavored rice.