- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 large (50 grams) red onion, halved & sliced thinly
- 3 small (100 grams) over ripe red tomatoes, halved & sliced thinly
- 8 medium pcs (250 grams) shrimps, separate the body from the head & shelled
- 1/4 tsp cracked peppercorns
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 1 slice (350 grams) squash, peeled & sliced thinly
- 10 pcs okra, remove both ends & cut into two
- 6 long pcs long-yard beans, cut at 2" length
- 1 medium (150 grams) eggplant, cut into four & quartered vertically
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp white sugar
- salt (optional)
In a wok, place over medium-high fire. Heat thoroughly but not smoking hot. Put garlic. Saute until rich golden brown. Follow with onion & tomatoes. Cook and mash until very limp. Add the shrimps, cracked peppercorns and fish sauce. Stir-fry until aromatic.
Dump in all the veggies. Stir-fry in oil for about 2 minutes. Then, add water and sugar. Adjust taste. Cook until veggies are crisp-tender.
Serve with steamed rice.