- 6 cups of rice wash
- 130 grams tamarind fruit (sampalok)
- 1 large (70 grams) red onion, quartered
- 2 pcs (100 grams) over ripe red tomatoes
- a tbsp of iodized coarse salt
- 3 medium (800 grams) St. Peter's fish (tilapia), gutted & scaled
- 1 pc (100 grams) radish (labanos), cut into 6 parts diagonally
- 6 pcs string beans (sitaw), cut at 2" length
- 1 pc (100 grams) eggplant (talong), cut into 6 parts diagonally
- 2 pcs finger chilis
- half bunch of swamp cabbage (kangkong), leaves & tender stalks only
In a casserole, over medium-high heat, put the first-four ingredients. Cover. Bring to boil. Decrease fire to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Increase to medium heat. Mash the tomatoes and tamarind fruit carefully. Add the salt, fish, radish and string beans. Cover again. Cook for 4 minutes.
Place the eggplant and chilis. Put back the cover. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the swamp cabbage. Cook until done.
Serve with rice.