- 38 pcs (6" diameter) spring roll wrapper (lumpia wrapper)
- water for sealing
- 2-3 cups cooking oil
- 250 grams very lean ground pork, well-drained
- 100 grams potato, finely grated & well-squeezed
- 100 grams carrot, finely grated
- a tbsp of finely minced red bell pepper
- a stalk of celery (no leaves), finely minced
- 100 grams red onion, finely minced
- 2 tbsps of cheddar cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, well-crushed & finely minced
- 3/4 tsp iodized fine salt
- a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of liquid seasoning
- 1-3/4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 medium-size Philippine lemon (kalamansi), extract the juice & remove the seeds
- 2 slices (60 grams) white bread
- a tbsp of fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsps cornstarch
- 2 tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 beaten egg
Separate gently & carefully the wrappers one by one. Place in a plastic or cover with a damp cloth. To keep it soft and easy to roll. Set aside.
Put in a colander the ground pork and well-squeezed grated potato. To remove the excess liquid. Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
Combine the rest of the ingredients accordingly. Mix well.
Get a half-tablespoon of the mixture. Place at one end of the wrapper forming a small log. Roll the wrapper, should keep it tight. Wet with water the other end. Seal. Do the same to the rest. Cut into two.
From this point, you can freeze for future use. Or deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
Serve with catsup or chili sauce.