- 6 pcs chicken eggs
- a tbsp of rock salt
- 3/4 kg chicken, cut into 12 small serving pieces
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps of soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 2 medium (70 grams) red onion, minced
- 2 medium (70 grams) plump tomatoes, halved & thinly sliced
- 2 small (200 grams) potato, cut into chunks
- 1 small (70-80 grams) carrot, cut into 6 parts
- 1-3/4 cup of rice wash or water
- 1 pouch (115 grams) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 large (50 grams) red bell pepper, strips
- 2-3 tbsps of green peas
In a small pan, put the eggs. Level with water. Add the salt. Place over medium-high fire. Bring to boil. Then, decrease fire to medium-low. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan. Change the water for several times until it's not hot anymore. Stand aside.
In a bowl, combine the chicken, black pepper and soy sauce. Mix well. Set aside. Prepare and cut the vegetables.
In a wok, put oil. Heat moderately over medium-high heat. Saute garlic until golden brown. Follow with onion and tomatoes. Cook until very soft. Mash using the back of the slotted spoon.
Add the potato and carrot. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Put the marinated chicken. Saute for 8 minutes or until sauce slightly sticks to the pan. Stirring often.
Add the rice wash, tomato sauce, cheese, chicken cube and half of the bell pepper. Mix well. Cover. Bring to boil. Then, lower heat to medium-low for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, shell the eggs.
Increase the fire to medium-high, sprinkle the sugar. Add the rest of the bell pepper, green peas and hard-boiled eggs. Gently mix. Put back the cover. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Serve with rice.