- 2 tbsps of vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 over ripe tomato, minced
- a cup of lean ground pork
- 2 tbsps of fish sauce
- 3/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 2 pcs (750 grams) of chayote, chopped
- 1 small (100 grams) carrot, chopped
In a pan, heat lightly. Pour oil. Saute garlic until golden brown. Follow with onion and tomato. cook until soft. Add the ground pork, fish sauce and pepper. Saute until pork changes color and fish sauce is fragrant. Keep stirring until pork is well segregated.
Pour water. Cover. Bring to boil. Add the chayote and carrot. Mix. Put back the lid on. Cook for several minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender.
Serve with any fried fish or meat and with rice.