- 1 pc grated matured coconut
- 1-1/3 cup hot water
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- a chunk, about 25 grams of ginger, sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 medium (35 grams) red onion, halved & sliced
- 4 pcs dried whole hot chili pepper
- 1-3/4 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pcs finger chilis
- 550 grams sea bream (besugo)
- combination of chili & moringa young leaves, about a handful
Clean the fish. Drain. Set aside.
In a large bowl, place the first-two ingredients. Extract the coconut cream. Set aside.
In a pan or kawali, place over medium-high fire, pour oil. Heat lightly. Put ginger and garlic, saute until garlic is golden brown. Follow with onion and dried chilis. Saute until onion is soft. Add the fish sauce. Cook until aromatic or until oil sizzles again.
Pour the coconut cream. Sprinkle the black pepper. Bring to boil. Let it bubble away for 6 minutes.
Put the fresh chilis and sea bream. Cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Remove the cover. Gently swirl the pan. Cook for another 3 minutes. Put the chili and moringa leaves. Cook until done, about a minute.
Serve with rice.