- 3 pcs grated coconut
- 2-3/4 cups of warm water
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil
- 6 cloves finely crushed garlic
- 2 large (100 grams) red onion, minced
- 3 slabs (700 grams) pork belly, cubed
- 100 grams of fermented shrimp paste (bagoong alamang)
- 1-1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsps iodized coarse salt
- 2 pcs (200 grams) eggplant, cubed
- 6 pcs finger chilis, minced
- 3 pcs hot chili pepper, minced
In a bowl, place the first-two ingredients. Extract the thick coconut milk or coconut cream. Set aside.
In a wok or deep bottom pan, put oil. Heat moderately. Saute garlic until golden brown. Add onion. Cook until translucent. Add the pork and fermented shrimp paste. Saute for several minutes or until aromatic.
Pour carefully the thick coconut milk. Sprinkle the salt and pepper. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil.
Remove the cover and let it bubble away for 20 minutes in medium heat. Stirring occasionally.
Put the eggplant and chilis. Cook for 6-8 minutes until eggplant is done. Do not overcook.
Serve with cooked rice.