- 2 pcs (600 grams) chicken, thigh & leg part
- 1/2 kg chicken liver & gizzard
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 6 tbsps soy sauce
- 4 tbsps white vinegar
- 1 head garlic, pounded finely & minced
- 1 medium (35 grams) red onion, finely minced
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
Using a knife, scrape the slimy stuff on the gizzard. Wash. Put in a bowl together with the liver. Sprinkle with salt. Mash until salt liquifies. Wash under running water twice. Drain well.
Cut the chicken into small serving pieces.
In a pan, put all the ingredients. Do not mix. Cover. Place over medium-high fire. Bring to boil. Let it boil for a minute before removing the cover. Mix well. Cover again. Decrease fire to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Increase fire to high, mix again. Put the lid back on. Reduce heat to low and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the pan. Put oil. Stir-fry for less than a minute. Put back the sauce. Add sugar. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Remove from the stove immediately.
Serve with warm cooked rice.