- 2 matured coconut, grated
- 3/4 cup + 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 150 grams pork belly, cubed
- 1/4 tsp rock salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 large (70 grams) red onion, minced
- 6 pcs whole dried hot chili pepper
- 1 tbsp anhovy paste (bagoong balayan)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (fish sauce)
- 450 grams raw jackfruit (langka), sliced thinly
- 1 tsp cracked peppercorns
- 1 finger chili
Extract first the coconut cream, using 3/4 cup of warm water and grated coconut.
For the thin coconut milk, combine the used grated coconut and a cup of warm water. Extract.
In a wok, over medium-high fire. Heat moderately. Put the half of cooking oil, pork belly and salt. Brown the pork lightly. Remove from pan, retain the oil. Put the cooked pork in the bowl of the coconut cream extract.
Back to the pan, put the rest of the oil. Add garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onion and dried chilis. Cook until soft. Pour the anchovy paste and fish sauce. Cook until aromatic.
Put the thin coconut milk, jackfruit and cracked peppercorns. Mix. Put the lid on. Bring to boil. Cook for 12-15 minutes. Stirring often.
Add the coconut cream, pork belly and finger chili. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Then, lower heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with rice.