- 5 pcs dried salted herring (tuyo), lightly fried & flaked
- 2 pcs eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsps & 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely pounded
- 3 small pcs (100 grams) red ripe tomatoes, finely minced
- 4 slices of sweet ham, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups cooked white rice, mashed to separate grains
- 1 sachet (8 grams) all-in-one seasoning granules
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp liquid savor
- a good sprinkle of iodized coarse salt
- 2 tbsps of finely minced carrot (optional)
- a handful of minced spring onion
In a large wok, place over medium-high fire, heat thoroughly. Put 2 tbsps of oil. Pour the beaten eggs. Let it cook until half-done (the top of the egg should still be shaky and wet). Slide it into a plate. Set aside.
In the same pan, pour the rest of the oil. Add garlic. saute until rich golden brown. Follow with tomatoes. Cook until limp. Put the flaked tuyo and ham. Stir-fry for 15-20 seconds. Dump the rice. Add the next-five ingredients and put back the eggs. Mix. Make sure to shred the eggs. Cover. Stirring often. Cook until rice is fluffy.
Remove from heat. Sprinkle spring onion on top. Serve hot. If you want, top it with sunny-side up egg.