- 3 medium pcs (1 kg) tilapia
- fine salt and white pepper
- oil for frying
- 2 tbsps of vegetable oil
- 40 grams ginger, julienne
- 4-5 cloves finely crushed garlic
- 2 pcs (100 grams) sliced red onion
- 2 pcs (100 grams) sliced plump tomatoes
- 1 can salted black beans
- a bunch (10 grams) of chinese celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienne
- a teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cup water
- a tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 pcs kalamansi (Philippine lemon)
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp of flour or tapioca starch
Clean the fish. Drain well. Rub with fine salt and white pepper. Sprinkle lightly with flour. Fry in cooking oil. Drain in paper towels. Do the same to the rest. Arrange in a large platter. Set aside.
Heat pan. Put vegetable oil. Saute ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add onion and tomatoes. Cook until limp. Follow with the salted beans, chinese celery, bell pepper and ground pepper. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Add water, soy sauce, and sugar. Squeeze kalamansi. Put the thickening agent. Mix. Bring to boil. Remove from fire. Pour over the fried fish. Sprinkle with a little sesame oil.