- 3/4 kg of pork spareribs or shoulder bones, cut up
- 6 cloves garlic, finely crushed with some skin
- 1 medium native onion, finely minced
- 1-1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsps native or white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large potato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 small pouch (115 grams) tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 pcs red hot chili, minced (optional)
In a thick bottom casserole, place the first-six ingredients. Do not mix. Cover. Place over high-fire, bring to boil. Let it boil for a minute before removing the cover. Mix. Put back the lid on. Bubble away in low fire for 35 minutes.
Increase heat to high, put the rest of the ingredients. Mix very well. Cover. Bring to boil. Then, reduce heat. Let it simmer in low fire again for another 25-30 minutes.
Serve with warm cooked rice.