- 5 pcs chicken eggs
- a tbsp of coarse salt
- 1/2 kg of chicken, cut into serving pcs
- 300 grams, chicken liver & gizzard
- 6-8 cloves garlic finely crushed
- 1 small red onion, finely minced
- 3 tbsps of soy sauce
- 2 tbsps of white vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 pc (175 grams) potato, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsps of cooking oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon of brown sugar
In a casserole, place the first-three ingredients. Bring to boil. Boil for a minute and let it sit in hot water. Set aside.
In a wok or pan, put the next-eight ingredients. Do not mix. Put the lid on. Bring to boil over high heat. Let it boil for a minute or until vinegar is fragrant. Add potatoes. Stir. Then, cover again and bubble away in low fire for 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, shell the eggs.
Remove sauce from the pan. Increase heat to high. Put oil. Saute for a minute. Put back the sauce. Add sugar and shelled eggs. Mix. Cook for another minute.
Serve with rice.