It's my hubby in the picture. He loves seafoods... isn't it obvious? Sipping the soup in the serving bowl. Hehe!
Good for 5 servings.
- 6 cups of rice wash or water
- 3 red over ripe tomatoes, topped
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 2 small pcs taro (gabi)
- 1 medium raddish, cut diagonally at 1/2" thick
- 1 medium eggplant, cut diagonally at 1" thick
- 2 pcs finger chilis
- 2-3 tsps of iodized coarse salt
- 1 small pouch of sinigang powder with gabi
- 1 pc (550 grams) milkfish
- 1/4 kg of medium-sized shrimps
- a bunch of kangkong (tender stalks & leaves only)
In a heavy bottom casserole, place the first-four ingredients. Cover. Place over medium-high fire, bring to boil. Cook for 12-15 minutes. Follow with the raddish and eggplant. Put the lid on and cook for another 4 minutes.
Mash the tomatoes carefully. Add the chilis, salt, sinigang powder, fish and shrimps. Mix gently. Put the cover. Cook for a few minutes or until shrimps change color. Put the kangkong. Cook until crisp-tender.
Serve with warm cooked rice and patis.