Last night's dinner.
- 650 grams pork shoulder (kasim), fillet-cut
- 1 tsp fine iodized salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 3 tsps savor, garlic flavor
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 pc egg
- 2 tbsps of fresh milk or water
- 100 grams japanese or dried bread crumbs
- 1 small pc (225 grams) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 head (250 grams), iceberg lettuce, torn into small pcs
- 1/4 head (100 grams) red cabbage, shredded
- grated cheese for toppings
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp pickle relish
- 1/2 mustard
- 1 tbsp of fresh milk
- a pinch each of fine salt & white pepper
- a little sugar
Clean the pork. Pat dry with towel. Place in a large bowl. Throw in the next-four ingredients for the pork fillet. Mash and mix. Let it stand for a few minutes.
While doing so... Combine in a small bowl the dressing for the salad. Cover with plastic wrap. Place inside the refrigerator.
Back to the marinated pork, sprinkle the flour. Toss the pork until well-coated. Let it stand for awhile. In a separate bowl. Beat the egg and milk until frothy. Pour over the floured pork. Mix well. Add 1/3 of the breadcrumbs, toss. Then, the other 1/3 of the breadcrumbs and toss again. Put the rest of the breadcrumbs, toss! By this time the pork should be well-coated.
Deep-fry in batches until rich golden brown. Oil should be very hot. Drain in lots of paper towels.
Tip: Do not overcrowd the pan when deep frying so that the temperature of the oil will not drop quickly making the pork absorbs more oil.
I prepare the salad while I'm frying the pork to save time. Just put the lettuce, cabbage and cucumber in a large platter or bowl. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. Cover with clingwrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve with rice or bread.