- 2-3 tbsps of cooking oil
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 250 grams chicken, cut into very small pcs
- 325 grams chicken gizzard & liver
- 1 tsp of fine salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsps oyster sauce
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1 pc (150 grams) potato, cut into wedges
- 1 small (100 grams) sweet potato, cut into large chunks
- 1 small (100 grams) carrot, half-moon cut - 1/4" thick
- 1 small (250 grams) chayote, cut into chunks
- a bunch of chinese celery, remove roots & cut into1" length
- 1/2 pc (250 grams) cabbage, cut into large chunks
- 1 small (40 grams) red bell pepper, large strips
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 heaping tbsp of flour
Separate gizzard and liver in two bowls. For the liver, wash it twice thoroughly with water removing traces of blood. For the gizzard, using a knife scrape yellow slimy stuff. Mash with rock salt. Wash thoroughly. Set aside.
In a wok, heat oil. Saute garlic until golden brown. Add onion, cook until limp. Dump in the all the chicken, fine salt and pepper. Saute until it changes in color or fragrant.
Add the water, oyster sauce, chicken cube, potato and sweet potato. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Let it bubble away in medium-high heat for 7 minutes. Follow with carrot, chayote and chinese celery. Stir. Cook for another 7 minutes with the lid on.
Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for the thickening agent. Mix well.
Place the cabbage, bell pepper and thickening agent. Mix. Cover. Let it cook until cabbage is crisp-tender.
Serve with cooked rice.