Sunday, May 18, 2008

"Milky Avocado Recipe"

Avocados are in season again, this is one famous recipe here in our household using avocados. My mom used to make it when we were little kids, my brothers and I. Even H love this recipe. It's like soft ice cream with chunks in it.... yummy!!!



Good for 2-4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium pcs avocado
  • 3 tbsps white sugar
  • 1 small can (158 ml) evaporated milk

Procedure:

Vertically open the avocado. Remove the seed. Scoop out the avocado meat using a spoon. Remove fibers if there's any. Mash it lightly, I like mine with some chunks of avocado. Add in the sugar and evaporated milk. Mix gently until well-incorporated.

Chill for a few hours before serving.

3 comments:

JonaBQ said...

...reminds me I have avocados in the fridge. I use condensed milk for this so no need for sugar. It's my favorite fruit!

PinayWAHM said...

Hey...

You know what? My husband finds it weird that I eat avocado with milk and/or sugar. He only eats avocado in guacamole dip.

Anyway, sarap ng recipe mo so I may just try it one of these days and shock my husband once more...haha.

Juliana

lnielsen said...

Yum, looks so good! Using the same recipe, will be ok to use green tea matcha powder for this? I was wondering if the bitterness of green tea will ruin the taste? Please advise! This was what I was thinking of using: green tea