- 2 pcs (650 grams) chicken (leg & thigh part)
- 1/2 tsp iodized coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 15 grams ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp liquid seasoning, garlic flavor
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp corn oil
- 1 pc Chinese chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp salted black beans (tausi), drained
- 4 stalks spring onion, minced
Clean the chicken. Pat dry. Cut each chicken quarter into four but not all the way through to retain the shape.
In a stainless shallow plate, put the chicken and the next-six ingredients. Steam for an hour over medium-high fire on a tight lid.
Place the chicken in a serving platter, remove the ginger and garlic. Strain the sauce into a bowl. Add in the flour and brown sugar. Mix until blended.
In a pan, put oil, heat lightly over medium fire. Saute chorizo and tausi for 10-12 seconds. Put in the sauce, cook until it thickens.
Pour the thickened sauce over the steamed chicken. Sprinkle with spring onion.
Serve with steamed rice.