- 2 pcs (1/2 kilo) tilapia, scaled & gutted
- salt and pepper
- a thumb size ginger, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, skinned & finely minced
- 2-4 sprigs of fresh coriander (wansuy)
- a few stalks of spring onion (green part only)
- 2 tsps each of soy sauce and liquid seasoning or more
- sesame oil
Wash the fish, remove any traces of blood linings. Score both sides. Pat-dry. Rub lightly with salt and pepper. Put in a deep plate or baking dish, good for steaming.
Sprinkle evenly the ginger and garlic on top of the fish. Follow with coriander ad spring onion. Put the soy sauce and liquid seasoning.
Steam the fish for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from heat, lightly drizzle with sesame oil.