- 2 pcs (600 grams) chicken thigh & leg part
- 1 tsp iodized rock salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp liquid seasoning or light soy sauce
- 3/4 dark soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- a thumb-size ginger, sliced
- 1 tsp whole peppercorns
- 6 pcs spring onion, cut at 1" length
- 2 finger chilis, seeded & cut into thin strips
- a few drops of sesame oil
In a stainless or porcelain shallow plate, place all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Place in a hot & boiling steamer (medium-high fire). Cover tightly. Steam for 50 minutes (never open the cover at this point).
Turn the chicken and steam for another 15 minutes. Remove from the heat. Drizzle lightly with sesame oil.
Serve immediately and with hot steaming rice.