- 24 pcs quail eggs
- 2 tsps iodized coarse salt
- 250 grams lean ground pork
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely pounded
- 2 medium (75 grams) red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 250 grams red ripe plump tomatoes, halved & thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 cup rice wash or water
- 1 medium (350 grams) bittermelon (ampalaya)
In a deep sauce pan, put the first-two ingredients. Level with water. Place over medium-high fire, bring to boil. Let it boil for a minute. Remove from pan. Let it stand in hot water until needed.
In a bowl, Put the ground pork, soy sauce & half of ground black pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
Shell the quail eggs.
Cut the ampalaya vertically. Scoop out the seeds. Slice thinly & diagonally.
In a wok, heat over medium-high fire. Put oil, heat moderately. Saute garlic until golden brown. Follow with onion & tomatoes. Saute & mash until limp. Add the marinated ground pork and fish sauce. Stir-fry until pork separates and changes color.
Add rice wash and the rest of ground pepper. Cover. Bring to boil. Put the ampalaya and cooked quail eggs. Mix lightly. Cook until veggie is done.
Serve with rice.