- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 pcs (80 grams each) bean curd (tokwa)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pounded finely
- 1 large (50 grams) red onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1 large (50 grams) red ripe plump tomato, halved & thinly sliced
- 100 grams lean ground pork
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 275 grams Chinese white cabbage (petsay tagalog/ bok choy), cut at 1/2" thick
- 2 tbsps oyster sauce
In a wok, place over medium fire, heat thoroughly. Put oil, heat again ( never skip this step, it's a technique so that your bean curd will not stick to the pan while frying it).
Fry bean curd on both sides until golden brown. Set aside. Retain oil in the pan. Let the fried bean curd cool, then, cut into cubes.
Back to the pan, saute garlic until rich golden brown. Follow with onion and tomatoes. Saute and mash until soft. Add ground pork, pepper and fish sauce. Stir-fry until fragrant or until liquid evaporates.
Put the Chinese white cabbage, water and oyster sauce. Mix. Cover. Cook until veggie is done. Remove pan from fire. Add in the cubed bean curd. Mix.