I tweaked the recipe a little by adding oyster sauce instead of just plain soy sauce. Also, I added the saltine crackers that my kiddo brought home from school. I didn't want it to go to waste... I used it as a thickening agent for the sauce.
Good for 4-6 servings.
- 3-4 tbsps of cooking oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, finely pounded
- 3 pcs (120 grams) red onion, minced
- 3 pcs (120 grams) red ripe tomatoes, minced
- 2 pcs (250 grams) potato, minced
- 1 small pc (80 grams) carrot, minced
- 300 grams of lean ground pork
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps of fish sauce
- 1-3/4 cup of water
- a pack (25 grams) skyflakes or saltine crackers, pounded finely
- 2 tbsps of oyster sauce
- 25 grams raisins
- 1 small pc (30 grams) bell pepper, minced
- 6 pcs hard-boiled eggs, shelled
In a wok, over medium-high heat, put oil. Saute garlic until golden brown. Add onion and tomatoes. Cook until soft. Put the potato and carrot. Stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
Add the ground pork, pepper and fish sauce. Stir-fry until ground pork changes color or until liquid evaporates.
Pour water. Put the saltine crackers, oyster sauce, raisins and bell pepper. Mix thoroughly. Cover. Bring to boil. Then, simmer in low fire for 13-15 minutes.
Increase fire to high, put the hard-boiled eggs. Cook for another 3 minutes.