Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"Ham and Egg Fried Rice"


Before I start cleaning my ref, I want to get rid of the food inside it without going to waste. I decided to cook this for breakfast.... I have some leftover ham, 2 pieces of eggs and some cold cooked rice.


You'll need:
  • 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
  • 2 pieces eggs, beaten
  • 4 cloves garlic, finely pounded
  • 1 large onion, minced
  • about a cup of leftover ham, cut into strips
  • 5-6 cups of cooked rice, mash to separate grains
  • salt
  • liquid seasoning


Here's how

In a wok, heat 1/2 of oil. Fry the beaten eggs until half-done only. Chop into strips. Set aside.

Back to the wok, heat the other half of oil. Saute' garlic until rich golden brown. Put onion. Cook until soft. Place ham. Cook for 10 seconds. Add the cooked rice. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Drizzle with liquid seasoning. Put back the egg. Mix until well-blended and heated through.

Serve immediately.

No comments: