- 3-4 tbsps of cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 40 grams of ginger, sliced
- 1/2 kg of crabs
- 2 tbsps of fish paste (bagoong isda)
- 2/3 tsp of ground black pepper
- 8 pcs string beans (sitaw), cut at 2" length
- a slice (300 grams) of squash (kalabasa), cored & peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 pcs grated coconut
- 1 cup of warm water
- used grated coconut
- 1-1/2 cup of warm water
Extract the coconut cream. Set aside. Do the same to the coconut milk. Set aside.
Pound together the garlic and ginger until finely crushed.
In medium heat, using a traditional kawali or wok, saute garlic and ginger in oil til almost toasted but not burnt. Put the crab and fish paste. Saute til fragrant. Add the coconut milk. Mix. Cook until there's no more liquid left.
Put the coconut cream. Bring to boil. Add the ground pepper, string beans and squash. Cook until vegetables are done or desired thickness of coconut cream.
Serve with warm cooked rice and garlic-vinegar for your dip.