- 1 slab (200-250 grams) pork belly, cubed
- 1/4 tsp + 1 tsp iodized rock salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely pounded
- 2 medium (75 grams) red onion, minced
- 1 kilo squash, cut into 1"x1/2"x1/4" cubes
- 1-1/4 cup rice wash or water
- 1 pc pork cube
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
In a wok or pan, put pork, 1/4 tsp salt and water. Bring over medium-high fire. Let it boil until liquid dries up. Stirring often. Put half of cooking oil. Stir-fry pork until light brown. Move pork to one side of pan. Add the rest of cooking oil. Put garlic. Saute until golden brown. Follow with onion. Saute until limp.
Add squash. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Put rice wash, 1 tsp salt, pork cube and ground black pepper. Mix. Cover. Cook until squash is done. Stirring from time to time.
Best serve with fried fish and rice.