- 1 kilo chicken
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps corn oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 2 large onion, minced
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 1 can (net wt. 400 grams) whole button mushrooms, slice & reserve liquid
- 1 pouch (115 grams) tomato sauce
- 1 can (21 cl) or 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tsps packed brown sugar
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
Clean and wash chicken. Chop into 9 parts. Drain well. Put in a bowl. Add the soy sauce and half of the black pepper. Mix. Set aside.
In a pan, heat thouroughly. Put oil and garlic. Saute until light brown. Follow with onion. Saute until limp. Add the marinated chicken and fish sauce. Stir-fry until aromatic or until liquid dries.
Pour the mushroom liquid, tomato sauce and pineapple juice. Sprinkle the sugar and the rest of the black pepper. Add the chicken cube and bay leaf. Mix. Cover, Bring to boil. Then, decrease fire to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Increase fire to medium, add the sliced button mushrooms. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until desired thickness of sauce.
Serve with rice.