- 450 grams lean ground pork
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 8-10 pcs (100 grams) Philippine lemon (kalamansi)
- 24 pcs quail eggs
- 1/4 cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 3 pcs (200-250 grams) whit onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1 pc (150 grams) potato, shoe-string cut
In a bowl, put the ground pork. Add the pepper and soy sauce. Squeeze the kalamansi, strain the seeds. Mix well. Set aside.
Place the quail eggs in a casserole. Level with water. Sprinkle heavily with salt. Place over medium fire. Bring to boil. Remove from fire. Let it sit until needed.
In a pan or wok, place over medium-high fire. Heat moderately. Put oil and garlic. Saute until light brown only. Follow with onion. Saute until translucent.
Add the marinated ground pork. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Cover. Then, lower heat to medium. Bubble away for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, change the water of the quail eggs until it is cool enough to handle. Shell the eggs.
Back to the pan, increase fire to medium-high, put the shelled eggs and potato. Mix well. Lid back on. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
Serve with rice.