- 6 cups rice wash or water
- 1 large (50 grams) red onion, quartered
- 2 medium (75 grams) ripe red tomatoes, quartered
- 6 pcs string beans (sitaw), cut at 2" length
- 1 medium radish (labanos), sliced diagonally at 1/4" thick
- 1/2 kilo prawns
- 15 pcs (200-250 grams) Philippine lemon (kalamansi)
- 2 pcs finger chilis
- 2 tsps iodized coarse salt
- half-bunch (150 grams) swamp cabbage (kangkong), tender stalks & leaves only
In a casserole, put the first-three ingredients. Cover. Bring to boil, then, lower fire and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Increase fire to medium. Mash the tomatoes. Add the string beans and radish. Cover again. Cook for 3 minutes. Put the prawns, chilis and salt. Squeeze the Philippine lemon over the soup, straining the seeds. Mix. Lid on. Cook until prawns turn orange.
Put the swamp cabbage. Cook until done.