Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Easy Fried Chicken"

Today’s the start of my Little One’s 1st Grading Periodical Tests. I went to school with him. Actually, I had other things to do. I went to get his student handbook. Pay the fee for his field trip and get the name of the school dentist. I did check also, the ballet school near his school. Need that in conjunction with his figure skating. Well, I’m just checking it out ….. (“,) We got home around 11 am. I need to cook something fast coz it’s almost lunch time. I settled for the chicken and decided to just fry it.

Good for 2-3 servings

Ingredients:
  • ½ kilo of chicken
  • 1 tsp rock salt
  • ½ ground black pepper
  • 3/4 tsp of granulated garlic, or more
  • ½ tsp soy sauce or savor
  • ¼ cup cornstarch
  • ¼ cup all purpose flour
  • About a cup of cooking oil for frying

Here’s how:
  1. In a deep pan or “kawali”, put oil. Place over medium-high fire. Heat thoroughly but not smoking

  2. Meanwhile, cut the chicken into small serving pieces. Well, it’s up to you how small or big you want your chicken to be. As for me, I want it small for easy cooking.

  3. In a bowl, place the chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Add the soy sauce. Using your hand, mix thoroughly. Get a brown paper bag or clean plastic bag. Put the marinated chicken. Add the cornstarch and flour. Close the bag (make sure to put some air inside the bag). Shake until chicken is well coated.

  4. Fry the chicken. Adjust fire if pan becomes too hot, reduce to medium. Do not cover. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Fry in two batches.

  5. Serve with ketchup and fruit juice.

No comments: