Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"Chicken Macaroni Salad"

Looking through my files of recipes and thinking what shall I post for my very first one …. I decided this recipe is the best. It’s one of my family’s favorite, specially my hubby, even my little one who’s very picky with food. He likes it with bread… to be exact with ensaymada.

Also, this dish has a story … a very memorable one. Way back then, almost 15 years ago …. When I made this for the very first time coz someone requested for it although I don’t know how to …. I don’t even liked it then! So, I experimented …. I was just starting to love food then (until now, I still do!!!) ….. I got a little excited and put too much pepper but that someone didn’t mind at all. He just munched on it like it was so yummy! But according to that person it’s delicious though spicy. And that person is…. my husband!!! It was one of the reasons, the love for food, that we became close. We both love to eat.

As the years went by …. I’ve perfected this dish the way my family loves it. I hope you will like it too. Here’s the recipe …..

Ingredients:
  • 350 grams chicken breast
  • 1 pc chicken cube
  • ½ tsp rock salt
  • water
  • 200 grams uncooked, DEL MONTE salad macaroni
  • 1 large (50g) finely minced, native onion/ red onion
  • 50 grams peeled & finely grated, carrot
  • 1/8 tsp fine salt
  • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
  • ¼ cup grated, EDEN cheddar cheese
  • ¼ cup minced, EDEN cheddar cheese
  • 1 can (439g) of DOLE pineapple tidbits, drained well & reserve syrup
  • 1 tbsp pineapple reserve syrup
  • 1 tbsp LADY’S CHOICE sweet relished pickles
  • 30 grams SUN MAID raisins
  • 5 foil pouches (80ml each)/ 1-2/3 cup LADY’S CHOICE mayonnaise

Here’s how:
  1. In a casserole, combine first-four ingredients. Cover. Bring to boil. Lower fire to low, simmer for 18-20 minutes. Remove chicken. Reserve chicken stock. Drain chicken well. Cut into small chunks. Set aside.

  2. Cook the pasta as directed but instead of using plain water use the chicken stock, add some more water if necessary. Drain the pasta well.

  3. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Mix well. Place in plastic containers or small cups for individual servings. Cover. Refrigerate.

  4. Serve cold. Use as side dish or appetizer.

Note:

Make this dish a day or 2-3 days before its going to be eaten. To blend in the different flavors well. It is much tastier, creamier and delicious.

No comments: