- 2 kilos of husk removed sweetcorn
- 2-3 tbsps of light brown sugar
- A heaping teaspoon of rock salt
- 2-4 Pandan leaves, tied in a knot
- Margarine or butter
- Cheddar cheese, finely grated or cheese powder
In a large thick bottom casserole, place first-four ingredients. Level with water. Cover. Bring to boil. Lower heat to low, then, simmer for 45 minutes to an hour or until tender. Remove corn. Drain well. Reserve corn stock for future use or drink as hot tea.
Using a knife, scrape kernels from the cob. Place in a shallow platter. Cover with cling wrap. Microwave for 4 minutes in medium-high. Remove cling wrap carefully. Top with margarine. Mix , then, sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot.
You can put margarine & cheese in this dish, as much as you like!