- 600 grams chicken, cut into 1"x1" cubes
- 1-1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, skinned & finely pounded
- 1 large (50 grams) red onion, minced
- 1 large (50 grams) red ripe tomato, minced
- 2 tbsps salted black beans (tausi), drained, washed & chopped
- 1 pc Chinese chorizo, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2-3 stalks spring onion, minced
- a few drops of sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
Combine in a bowl the first-three ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
In a pan or wok, place over medium-high fire, put oil. Heat lightly. Add garlic Saute until light golden brown. Follow with onion and tomatoes. Saute and mash until limp. Put the marinated chicken, tausi and chorizo. Stir-fry for about 6 minutes.
Put water, soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix. Cover. Bring to boil. Then, decrease fire to low, bubble away for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the thickening in a small bowl. Mix well.
Increase fire to medium, put the thickening agent. Stir until it boils. Remove from fire. Drizzle lightly with sesame oil. Sprinkle on top with chopped spring onions.
Serve hot and on top of cooked white rice.