A crab stick is an item of food made from surimi (processed fish). It is a tight roll of white fish meat formed into a rectangular shape about the dimensions of a finger. It is flavoured similar to crab with the outer part dyed in bright red color.
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil
- 3 pcs eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp extra light olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 2-3 pcs of finely minced shallots
- ¼ pc (10g) of finely minced chinese sausage
- 2 cups (250g) PUREFOODS fiesta ham, thin strips
- 8 pcs (125g) crabstick, cut at ½” thick
- ½ cup (100g) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed & drained
- 8 cups packed white cooked rice, mashed to separate grains
- 1 pack (23g) KIM’S fried rice seasoning mix
- 1 heaping tbsp of MAMA SITA’S oyster sauce
- ¾ tbsp MAGGI SAVOR liquid seasoning, hot chili flavor
- 1/3 cup (25g) spring onion, minced
- In a large non-stick wok, place over medium-high heat. Put cooking oil. Heat slightly. Pour beaten eggs. Continue stirring until half-cooked only. Remove from pan. Place over cooked rice.
- Back to the wok, put extra light olive, sesame oil & garlic. Sauté until light brown only. Add shallots & chinese sausage, cook for 20 seconds.
- Put ham, crabstick, frozen mixed veggies, cooked rice and eggs. Mix well.
- Add seasoning mix, oyster sauce and liquid seasoning. Mix well. Cook until rice is fluffy, stirring very often. Remove from fire. Sprinkle with spring onions.
- Serve hot.