This dish was Tito Jonathan’s baon last week. He was sailing back to Davao.
- ½ kg pork belly, cut into ¾” cube
- 2-½ tbsps soy sauce
- 1-½ tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp of rock salt
- ½ tsp white sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, finely crushed with some skin
- 1 small native onion, finely minced
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 tsp freshly cracked peppercorns
- ½ tsp whole peppercorns
- 2-3 tbsps of cooking oil
- In a thick bottom casserole (use non –stick, if possible), put all ingredients except for the cooking oil. Cover. Over medium-high fire, bring to boil (Do not open cover until it is boiling or vinegar is fragrant). Then, reduce fire to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Mix every 10 minutes.
- Increase fire to medium, put oil. Stir-fry for about a minute.
- Serve with hard-boiled eggs, chopped tomatoes & cooked white rice. This dish is also good for lunch baon.