- 2 pcs (1/2 kilo) chicken soup bones, each cut into two
- 1 pc (300 grams) chicken leg quarter, cut into three
- 5 cups water
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- 2 tsps iodized coarse salt
- 1 pc chicken cube
- 1 pc (200 grams) sweet potato, quartered
- 1 small (100 grams) potato, cut into two
- 3 medium pcs plantain bananas, peeled (saging na saba)
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp whole peppercorns
- 1/2 pc chorizo de bilbao, sliced
- 200 grams cabbage, large chunks
- 100 grams bok choy, cut at 2" length
- 3 stalks of onion leeks
In a casserole, put chicken and water. Cover. Bring to boil. Remove as foam appears on top of the broth.
Add the onion, salt and chicken cube. Lid on. Bring to boil again. Then, reduce fire to low for 10 minutes.
Adjust fire to medium-low, put the sweet potato and potato. Cover back on. Cook for another 8-10 minutes. Follow with the next-five ingredients. Mix. Lid on. Continue cooking for 6 more minutes.
Dump all the veggies. Cook until half-done.
Serve hot with steamed rice.