Tuesday, December 12, 2006

"Sinigang na Bangus" (Milkfish in Tamarind Broth)


After my kiddo's competition, I got sick, two weeks of off and on fever! No appetite plus I'm aching all over! My doctor thought I got dengue! Fortunately, my platelets were normal. It was just the flu season plus the stress I got because of my Little One's recent skating competition. Speaking of that, I'll post his pictures soon.

For the past week, I've been better. Now, I'm ready to update my blog again! Still, I'm not able to taste the food I eat but I still eat cause I want to get better! And do the stuff I usually do!

Good for 2 servings.


You'll need:
  • 3 cups rice wash
  • 1 plump red tomato
  • 1 small native or red onion, quartered
  • 550 grams milkfish (I used the head and tail only), gutted & scaled
  • a teaspoon of rock salt
  • 1/2 pack (small pouch) of tamarind soup base powder
  • 1 finger chili
  • 2 cups of swamp cabbage (leaves & tender stalks only)


Here's how:
Put the first-three ingredients in a casserole. Place over medium fire. Cover. Bring to boil. Cook for 5 minutes.

Mash the tomato carefully. Add the fish, salt, tamarind powder and chili. Cover again. Bring to boil. Simmer in low fire for 8-10 minutes.

Increase fire to medium-high, put the swamp cabbage. Cook until done.

Serve immediately while hot. Best with warm cooked rice and fish sauce (patis) for your dip.

No comments: