This dish is a soup, usually accompanied with any fried fish or meat. Though, can be served also as a main entrée. Sometimes, as a snack “merienda”.
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- ½ head of garlic, finely crushed
- 2 large native or red onion, minced
- 100 grams lean ground pork
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- Chicken stock from “Pritong Manok ni Lola” recipe
- 6 cups water
- 1 small can (158 ml) evaporated milk
- ½ tsp of ground black pepper
- 400 grams macaroni
- 1 small (100 g) carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk of minced celery (no leaves & can be optional)
- 24 pcs hard-boiled quail eggs, shelled
- In a large casserole, sauté garlic in oil until golden brown in medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook ‘til soft. Place ground pork and fish sauce. Sauté ‘til all liquid evaporates. Add chicken stock and water. Cover. Bring to boil.
- Put milk, pepper and macaroni. Cover. Bring to boil again. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add carrot and celery. Cover. Cook for 3 minutes. Put quail eggs. Cook for another minute.
- Serve immediately.